Manufacturing Engineer Intern - Spartan Mowers
Technicians, Production Engineering
Who Are We?
The Toro Company has delivered market-leading, innovative products and outstanding customer care for more than 100 years. With over 11,000 employees worldwide, TTC is headquartered in Bloomington, Minnesota, USA. Our company designs and manufactures turf maintenance equipment; turf irrigation systems; landscape and lighting products; snow and ice management solutions; agricultural irrigation systems; rental, specialty and underground construction equipment; and residential turf and snow equipment. We market and sell TTC products worldwide through a network of distributors, dealers, mass retailers, hardware retailers, equipment rental center and home centers—as well as online direct to end users.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
- Gather data from department supervisors, consolidate, and identify changes needed.
- Conduct time studies in Fabrication departments
- Steward electronic and paper copies of SOP’s
- Safety and Ergonomic improvement projects
- Steward the review and change process for production drawings
- Steward tooling optimization for fabrication equipment
- CAD Design for tooling and production prints
- Machine programming
- Collect data for cost savings projects (prints, EAU, costs, etc.)
- Update department working databases as needed
- Miscellaneous communications to Suppliers, Team Leads, Supervisors, and Managers
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
What Do You Need?
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
- Enrolled in educational program
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and math skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
What Can We Give You?
At The Toro Company, we are always working to make sure our interns know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive pay- The Toro Company offers interns a variety of perks, including:
Dress for your day - We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why TTC employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, corporate environment.
Volunteerism - The Toro Company is proud to provide interns 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
Summer Hours*Based on Location*– Enjoy a flexible schedule during the summer! By working a little more during the first few days of the week, TTC employees at certain locations are able to start their weekends early and leave by noon on Friday.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.