Design Intern - Exmark
Exmark Manufacturing (a division of The Toro Company) is seeking qualified Design Engineering candidates for our summer 2024 paid internship opportunities within our dynamic and industry leading engineering team.
Who Are We?
Exmark is a leading manufacturer of commercial turf care equipment in the U.S. with headquarters located in Beatrice, Nebraska (35 miles south of Lincoln, Nebraska). Activities at this location include, design, prototyping, test, marketing and sales. Established in 1982, our company was built on a tradition of high value and customer centric relationships. Today, Exmark serves customers in North America with an extensive family of mowers ranging from 21 inches to eight foot cutting widths as well as the leading brand of turf maintenance equipment. We are a division of The Toro Company (TTC) and are collocated with a Toro production facility.
With over 11,000 employees worldwide, TTC is headquartered in Bloomington, Minnesota. In addition to the Toro and Exmark brands, our company designs and manufactures products under the Spartan, Boss, Ventrac, Ditch Witch and other brands . We market and sell TTC products worldwide through a network of distributors, dealers, mass retailers, equipment rental centers and home centers—as well as online direct to end users.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
• Work within multi-discipline team to design and develop components and systems (mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, software programming)
• Product documentation including Creo solid modeling, print creation, release process.
• Source, build and evaluate prototype designs.
• Perform evaluations (physical and FEA) by collecting and analyzing data and report results to the team
• Collaborate across all functions of the business and learn about what it takes to be a great team
What Do You Need?
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with an ability to learn and apply new things
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Problem solving acumen
• Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), CAD software
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize based on due dates or importance
What Can We Give You?
At The Toro Company, we are always working to make sure our interns know just how valued they are. In addition to competitive pay- The Toro Company offers interns a variety of perks, including:
Dress for your day - We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why TTC employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, corporate environment.
Volunteerism - The Toro Company is proud to provide interns 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
Summer Hours– Enjoy a flexible schedule during the summer! By working a little more during the first few days of the week, TTC employees at certain locations are able to start their weekends early and leave by noon on Friday.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.