Territory Manager (New England) - Ventrac
Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, Vermont, Remote
Ventrac, headquartered in Orville, Ohio, is a division of The Toro Company. Ventrac is a premier innovator of equipment for turf and landscape grounds management, sidewalk snow removal, and specialty grounds care maintenance. Built for performance with quality to last, Ventrac equipment is ideal for golf course turf management, sports fields, collegiate campuses, residential and commercial property maintenance, and public green spaces.
The Territory Manager (New England) is responsible for building and developing a dealership network that expands the distribution network for the Ventrac product line. This position will support strategic goals of the company and will build and maintain strong relationships with the Ventrac dealerships/customers. This job involves a relationship-based approach that allows us to create a positive and informative experience by exceeding expectations and demonstrating outstanding product knowledge, along with a world class customer service experience with every interaction for each customer lead contact
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain dealer network in assigned territory and other territories at the request and needs of Ventrac
- Monitor dealer’s success in each market and increase market share yearly.
- Prospect for successful new dealers in needed markets
- Developing and executing strategic plans of actions for Ventrac products to be sold within each dealership location and hold the channel partners accountable to those plans and outcomes
- Become a field-expert in the territory regarding marketing and product needs, yearly sales programs, overall sales strategy and other areas that can improve Ventrac market share
- Attending and supporting channel partners activities such as tradeshows, open-houses etc.
- Evaluate channel partners to determine effectiveness of their sales, service, and marketing efforts
- Work with dealer sales reps and potential end customers for product trainings and demo events
- Confer with potential customers regarding purchasing requirements per contracts
- Resolve end customer complaints regarding sales and service
What Do You Need?
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
Degree preferred; Minimum of HS Diploma
Territory Manager II: 2-5+ years sales experience (preference given to turf or dealership/distributor market)
Territory Manager III: 5-8+ years sales experience in turf or dealership/distributor market
- Must thrive on hunting new business opportunities as well as strengthening current business relationships
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Overall travel is expected to be approximately 75% annually; travel will require overnights and some weekends away from home
- Must be willing and capable to trailer, load, unload and demonstrate equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills – highly influential, strong listener, ability to ask questions for better understanding, able to resolve conflict in a productive respectful manner, professional, courteous, friendly, and helpful.
- Superb ability to read, understand and interpret mechanical and operational information effectively
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Successfully demonstrated - Strong written and verbal communication skills, including phone communication
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skills - Word, Excel, Internet
- Excellent presentation skills with internal and external customers
- Strong process and organizational skills
What Can We Give You?
At Ventrac we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits – Ventrac offers employees at our Orrville, OH location a variety of perks, including:
Dress for your day - We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, office-plant blended environment.
Location – Position is remote; allowing a sales professional to work from home when not traveling. #LI-Remote
Wellness - In addition to physical wellbeing, The Toro Company offers a variety of mental health, financial health, and other types of resources to every full-time employee.
Volunteerism - The Toro Company is proud to provideemployees 20 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
Growth Opportunities – TTC prides itself on giving our employees the chance to grow their careers. Tuition reimbursement, opportunities to move into new areas of interest, and promotion opportunities are a few examples.
Competitive Pay - Position includes competitive salary, commission structure and annual bonus. Commission structure, yearly bonus and company truck/trailer are provided. Salary will be determined by experience and qualifications.If you need to, you can access your pay early with the Even app.
Ventrac is a growth-oriented company. Our team is dedicated to excellence through innovation, a strong work ethic and quality workmanship. Join the Ventrac Team who feels passionate about the products we build for commercial lawn care use. We believe our employees are truly the most valuable asset. We are known for our culture of respect and collaboration, which can be measured by our low turnover, open communication, and the excitement in the air.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.