Electrical Engineer - Ventrac
Who Are We?
Ventrac, located in Orville, Ohio, is a division of The Toro Company. Ventrac is a premier innovator of equipment for turf and landscape grounds management, sidewalk snow removal, and specialty grounds care maintenance. Built for performance with quality to last, Ventrac equipment is ideal for golf course turf management, sports fields, collegiate campuses, residential and commercial property maintenance, and public green spaces.
As an Electrical Engineer you will be Engineering design and analysis of electrical and electronic portions of new or revised mobile machinery products. Executes portions of or an entire project plan.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
- Design & develop electrical or electronic products and sub-systems for turf equipment and other mobile machinery.
- Construct and test working prototypes of electrical products or systems.
- Analyze and resolve electrical technical issues.
- Provide product support to areas such as Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, and Service.
- Assure designs meet applicable regulatory, safety and industry standards.
- Keep abreast of new technological developments and competitive products of interest to Venture Products.
What Do You Need?
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited University/College.
- Experience applying electrical components and subsystems to mechanical systems for monitoring and control.
- Must be able to create and analyze complete product designs with individual initiative.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, including electrical schematics.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Product development experience in the turf equipment, agricultural, or other mobile machinery industries.
- 3D CAD modeling experience (e.g. Solid Edge)
- Arcadia wire harness design software
- Software programming experience
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical, mechanical & hydraulic systems.
What Can We Give You?
At Ventrac we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits – Ventrac offers employees at our Orrville, OH location a variety of perks, including:
Dress for your day - We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, office-plant blended environment.
Location – Located in the heart of Orrville, a small town with a busy manufacturing industry, we have a family-like work atmosphere. We are around 10 minutes from U.S. Route 30 and Route 585 for easy travel.
Onsite amenities – With two onsite cafes and large break rooms, we have a convenient and comfortable area for breaks and lunches. We have around 350 employees and are always growing. We have newer, high-quality facilities (built from 2014-2018) and an exceptionally clean manufacturing work environment.
Wellness - In addition to physical wellbeing, The Toro Company offers a variety of mental health, financial health, and other types of resources to every full-time employee.
Volunteerism - The Toro Company is proud to provide employees 20 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
Growth Opportunities – TTC prides itself on giving our employees the chance to grow their careers. Tuition reimbursement, opportunities to move into new areas of interest, and promotion opportunities are a few examples.
Competitive Salary – A reasonable estimate of the annual pay range is between$70000-$95000/year. Salary will be determined by experience and qualifications.
Ventrac is a growth-oriented company located in Orrville, Ohio. Our team is dedicated to excellence through innovation, a strong work ethic and quality workmanship. Join the Ventrac Team who feels passionate about the products we build for commercial lawn care use. We believe our employees are truly the most valuable asset. We are known for our culture of respect and collaboration, which can be measured by our low turnover, open communication, and the excitement in the air.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.