Fabrication Supervisor - Ventrac
Operations - Management
This position is responsible for all facets of production within the Fabrication department (excludes welding). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: timely scheduling of workflow through the department, maintaining efficient processes, the quality of work produced, employee management, safety of work environment, and maintenance of CNC production equipment.
- Meet or surpass company goals & objectives through effective management of personnel, equipment, processes, materials, etc.
- Ensure safe, quality production on a consistent basis, and create an environment of continuous improvement to help meet the increasing expectations of our customers as it relates to quality / delivery / cost.
- Ensuring metal working and metal forming work centers are running as required to meet daily targets. Workstations include: Laser Cutters, Brake Presses, Other presses, Saw, Turning/Milling Machines, Drilling, Bending, Etc.
- Programming – having accurate processes to provide programs to the CNC machines.
- Training persons to operate equipment
- Coordinating work schedules
- Hiring, performance reviews, conflict resolution (incorporating HR Department as needed)
- Establish department & Employee Development Plans to develop highly effective teams at all levels
- Ability to establish positive employee relations and maintain confidentiality
- Ensures safety policies are adhered to, and promotes & encourages a clean & organized work environment
- Maintain open lines of communication with other departments to better optimize VPI operations, such as changing course to expedite parts for Engineering, Parts Dept., etc.
- Ensuring preventative maintenance is performed on CNC equipment in a predictable & timely manner
- Ordering consumables & maintaining key replacement parts on the shelf
- Ensuring proper operation of the Fabrication work centers
- Growing & refining processes, such as speeds, shifts & employee work schedules, raw material supply processes, etc. to meet ever-changing company needs
- Identification & troubleshooting of process discrepancies
- Maintaining quality control & regulatory documentation of system operation
- Monitor & order materials/consumables including sheet steel, machine lubricants, laser lenses, etc.
- Minimum high school diploma
- Minimum 3 years of applicable work experience
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem solving
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated individual who understands the importance of time constraints
- Must be flexible with work schedule and overtime hours
- Some College Preferred
- 5 years of Manufacturing Management experience in Fabrication
- 5 years of Manufacturing Management experience supervising at least 20 employees
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.