Parts & Shipping Supervisor - Ventrac
Procurement, Customer Support
Who Are We?
Ventrac, located in Orville, Ohio, is a division of The Toro Company. Ventrac is a premier innovator of equipment for turf and landscape grounds management, sidewalk snow removal, and specialty grounds care maintenance. Built for performance with quality to last, Ventrac equipment is ideal for golf course turf management, sports fields, collegiate campuses, residential and commercial property maintenance, and public green spaces.
This position is responsible for daily management of the Parts and Shipping departments, including Parts Stock Clerks, Parts Customer Service Representatives and Shipping Material Handlers. This includes shipping, planning, and maintaining inventory for Parts warehouse, planning and execution of the parts stocking programs as well as forecasting parts. This position will also interact with VPI Dealers for the purpose of promoting Ventrac Service Parts Sales.
- Hours: 7am-4pm Monday-Friday
- Main contact for Parts and Shipping team members’ and other VPI department questions
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of VPI product from a Service Parts Perspective
- Oversee teams that are responsible for the pulling, verifying, packaging and shipping of parts and whole good orders.
- Analyze, initiate & maintain forecasting requirements and procurement schedules for Parts warehouse to meet stated goals.
- Ensure inventory levels are adequate for business needs by monitoring min/max stocking levels and lead times.
- Oversee the ordering of purchased and production parts. Schedule and plan build-to-print components and assemblies for PW needs, internal transfer process or request POs through purchasing.
- Establish guidelines for new product ordering, maintain and review safety stock levels and future forecasting needs
- Review and react to sales trends, monitor, and communicate appropriate metrics such as average days on back order, on-time delivery, inventory turns, and costing.
- Direct supervision of parts and shipping department teams as well as conduct weekly/monthly/annual employee meetings/evaluations
- Maintain dealer/customer content websites and keep information current. Frequently update the quick reference page.
- Review and approve change orders, ensure PW and SW stock is correct.
- Draft parts bulletins and other dealer communication as needed.
- Participate in improvement plans, inventory reduction and discrepancy initiatives.
- Interaction with VPI Dealers and TSMs through phone calls, emails, and personal interaction.
- Initiate, plan and execute Dealer Parts Stocking programs and other Service Parts related Dealer Programs.
- Represent the Parts and Shipping Departments at Dealer/VPI functions.
- Knowledge of bill of ladings, scheduling, dispatching and the loading of trucks and containers as well as understanding International export regulations is important.
BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
An additional technical degree or experience would be a plus.
Experience in inventory management and customer service strongly suggested.
Strong customer service focus
Proven ability to plan ahead, recognize and react to sales trends
Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Good problem-solving skills and experience
High level of diplomacy and the ability to relate to people at all levels
Knowledge of company products and technology
Experience with basic information technology, Microsoft products (word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Internet)
What Can We Give You?
AtVentracwe are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits –Ventracoffers employees at our Orrville, OH location a variety ofperks, including:
- Dress for your day- We knowyou'remore productive whenyou'recomfortable, which is why employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, office-plant blended environment.
- Location– Located in the heart of Orrville, a small town with a busy manufacturing industry, we have a family-like work atmosphere. We are around 10 minutes from U.S. Route 30 and Route 585 for easy travel.
- Onsite amenities –With two onsite cafes and large break rooms, we have a convenient and comfortable area for breaks and lunches. We have around 350 employees and are always growing. We have newer, high-quality facilities (built from 2014-2018) and an exceptionally clean manufacturing work environment.
- Wellness- In addition to physical wellbeing, The Toro Company offers a variety of mental health, financial health, and other types of resources to every full-time employee.
- Volunteerism- The Toro Company is proud toprovide employees20 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
- Growth Opportunities –TTC prides itself on giving our employees the chance to grow their careers. Tuition reimbursement, opportunities to move into new areas of interest, and promotion opportunities are a few examples.
- Competitive Salary–Salary will bedeterminedby experience and qualifications.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees .