Field Test Operator - The Toro Company
Rancho Mirage, California
What makes a successful Engineer at The Toro Company (TTC)? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Curious Learner
- Problem Solver
Who Are We?
The Toro Company is a homegrown, Minnesota-based company that has been in business since 1914.We pride ourselves on providing world-class equipment to help maintain the environment that we love, while putting an emphasis on giving back to the communities that surround us. From residential lawns and gardens,to venues such as St Andrews Links and Target Field, we are a company with a global footprint and a passion for helping people beautify whatever landscape they may be in. With 100 years of operation under our belt and an average employee tenure of 15 years, come find out what makes The Toro Company the best place in the Twin Cities to build a career.
Shift: 1st shift (5:30am – 2:00pm)
What Will You Do?
- Operates and evaluates prototype, production, and competitive units in field testing. (i.e. walk behind, ride-on (sit and stand-on), hand-held, etc.)
- Maintain basic log sheet entries on machine performance, report findings and all issues.
- Supports Field Site Technicians, as needed, with repairs or equipment rework.
- May be asked to unlock/lock site at beginning/end of day.
- Must maintain machines as prescribed by Test Plan, e.g. washing daily, checking basic functions, etc.
- May be required to perform basic maintenance, e.g. oil changes, greasing, safety checks, etc.
- May be required to drive a vehicle (company owed or personal) to remote site for evaluation of product.
- May assist in the maintenance of the facilities at the host Test Site.
What Will You Need?
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience to evaluate the products and the requirements of the test sites.
- Ability to understand and interpret written and oral procedures.
- Core skills training in basic math and measuring tools.
- Able to meet requirements of driving company owned vehicle.
- Ability to drive forklift.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related needs and conditions, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
People are at the heart of what we do at TTC. And we strive to ensure our people have access to the resources and programs that will allow for a healthy lifestyle and build financial security for the future.
Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off
No matter your role within our organization, there are countless learning opportunities. We’ll help you enhance your existing skills and take your career to the next level. Whether it’s through tuition reimbursement or online training, there are always new resources being rolled out, and if you need support to reach your next milestone, you can find it here.
Engineer Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation, Product, Product Safety, Simulation, Robotic, Project, Test, Software, Mechatronics, Design leads to Senior Engineer
Senior Engineer leads to Principal Engineer
Principal Engineer leads to Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer ends this career path
Sustainability That Endures
Sustainability is not a new concept for TTC. It’s deeply rooted in our purpose to enrich the beauty and productivity of the land and create a better future for our planet. We continue to pursue this mission through focus, innovation, and transparency, which allows us to meet the demands of the rapidly changing world. Watch the video to learn more about our commitment and contribution to sustainability.