Golf Irrigation Sales Manager (Canada) - The Toro Company
Golf Sales Manager - Canada
Position requires individual to reside in (or relocate to) Ontario & be authorized to work in Canada.
The Irrigation Division has an opening for a Golf Sales Manager for the Canadian territory (#LI-Remote). In this position, you will be responsible for sales which includes providing leadership to the territory and Distributor Partners and ultimately creating and fulfilling demand for Toro's Golf Irrigation product lines.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Manage assigned territory to deliver fiscal year Sales Plan goals in terms of top line revenue, profitability and individual product category targets.
- Drive business through personal efforts and through coordination with Toro Distributor Partners, personnel and supporting assets.
- Work within cross functional teams within Toro including, Field Service, NSN, Commercial Equipment, Corporate Accounts, Toro Res/Com and allied vendors.
- Coordinate with National Sales Manager to execute plans to influence regional golf specifiers including key Golf Course Superintendents and rising Assistant Superintendents that results in Toro becoming their product of choice.
- Support efforts to provide information regarding Toro products to the specifier. Includes product training, relationship building, targeted relationship building events, specifier targeted literature and reference material.
- Identify and coordinate efforts on Top 10 Projects for the region each fiscal year.
- Develop account plans for all key projects in assigned region including projects outside the current fiscal year including actions to secure the business for Toro such as Fly-Ins, Site Visits, Set-Piece presentations, GIS Demo’s and training. Create and implement a contact call target plan.
- Travel with and develop distributor sales personnel.
- Is a resource for distributor management and field sales.
- Deliver high level presentations to superintendents, general managers, green’s committees and memberships to help secure project wins.
- Communicate and team with the Toro golf marketing staff. Help to drive our overall marketing message and narrative to specifiers and key superintendents.
- Coordinates the distributor planning process, which includes the development of key objectives, strategies and action plans to increase Toro golf share in the respective region.
- Assess and report on the regional market, market segments, product categories, competitive strategies and customer requirements in a timely manner or as required.
- Manage our SalesForce database for the assigned territory to provide strategic and tactical direction for sales, marketing, production scheduling and in support of new product development. Provide regular distributor golf sales forecasts.
- Leads efforts to drive profitable growth, market share and customer satisfaction
- Maintains close relationship with key specifiers, distributor management, and strategic partners.
- Develops strong communication with all appropriate personnel in Toro including other sales managers and marketing personnel.
- Be aware and inform management of market information in support of our new product development and competitive strategy processes.
- Successful candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business, sales, marketing, agronomy or related field.
- We require a minimum of 5 years technical sales experience. Experience in the irrigation or similar industry is highly desirable.
- Training in irrigation, turf, agronomy or landscape design is a plus
- Must have proven track record of exceptional leadership and teaming skills.
- Candidate must possess strong negotiation skill, and a demonstrated ability to influence/train customer groups and deliver dynamic presentations.
The duties of this position will occasionally require working in outdoor and inclement weather conditions. This position requires overnight travel.
The Toro Company welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Jenna Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.