Maintenance Technician I - The Toro Company
The Toro Company is now hiring a Maintenance Technician in our Sanford, FL location. Apply now to learn more about this position.
2nd shift Hours: Tue-Sun 3p-11:30p
Responsibilities include all aspects of technical set-up, change overs, minor process adjustments, troubleshooting and adherence to established protocols. One of the prime responsibilities is to keep lines running efficiently, within Safety, Production and Quality goals.
What will you do?
- Responsible for performing preventive maintenance (PMs); perform daily routine checks and inspections to equipment keeping accurate records.
- Inspects Equipment, records transaction and information. Responsible for maintaining tools and equipment in good standing, storage and records.
- Responsible for Updating Technician and Engineers on status of machines, tools and equipment; including new equipment and tools.
- Inspects and performs PM’s as per instruction sheets, and will also report discrepancies to the group leader.
- Assist in keeping inventory and tool history records updated.
- Observes electrical/mechanical devices in operation, monitors and repairs when required.
- Performs analysis of devices/equipment and identifies root cause for malfunctions.
- Repairs and replaces defective parts. Performs preventive maintenance on specified mechanical devices/equipment when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or are not included here but are within the context of duties defined.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production hours which may include nights and weekends .
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Comply with TORO and OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Research, identify, order and maintain inventory of spare repair replacement parts
- Replaces and repairs electrical equipment/components.
- Maintains, repairs and modifies extruders, pullers, calibration Tanks, Grinders, and refrigeration equipment.
- Repairs and reconditions hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
- Installs plumbing systems connected to compressed air, water pressure, drainage and electrical distribution.
What do you need?
- High school diploma/GED required
- Technical Vocational School desired
- Proficient in English language desire
- Minimum 2-4 years related experience in extrusion or plastics processing industry desire
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team leads and supervisors in coordination with production. Knowledge of basic PC functions including Microsoft office and Windows.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related needs and conditions, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.