Lathe Operator - American Augers
West Salem, Ohio
Hours: Mon-Thurs 5am-3:30pm (occasional overtime on Friday)
Pay: $20+/hr based on experience
$2,500 sign on bonus for all new hires!
Who Are We?
American Augers, located in West Salem, Ohio is a division of The Toro Company. American Augers builds the largest horizontal directional drills in the industry, and a full range of auger boring machines. With the rugged user in mind, American Augers rigs are built to last and backed by 24-hour worldwide support.
This CNC Machinist role would be a flex operator running various machines such as lathes, mills, and grinders. This role will be assigned mainly to the manual lathe. Operating CNC machines that perform multiple operations such as boring, turning, facing, milling, grooving, drilling, spot facing, reaming, tapping and burnishing. Required adjusting offsets and performing program editing.
What are some of the things you will be doing?
- Responsible for following safety rules, producing quality workmanship, and for good housekeeping in and around the work area
- Parts must be made to print and process specifications
- Responsible for own set-ups, and for inspecting own parts, including in-process inspection records
- Completion of all associated paperwork and recordkeeping as required
What are some of the things we are looking for?
- 3-5 years of experience in CNC machining
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CNC certification/Associate’s degree preferred
- Core skills training in basic shop math, measuring tools and blueprint reading or demonstrated equivalent knowledge is required
- Knowledge in machine shop practices and the use of respective inspection instruments used in inspecting own parts
What Can We Give You?
At American Augers we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits and at our West Salem, OH location a variety of perks, including:
Dress for your day- Manufacturing appropriate clothing: long pants, t-shirt, and sweatshirts. Safety glasses and boot reimbursement program available!
Growth Opportunities –TTC prides itself on giving our employees the chance to grow their careers. Tuition reimbursement, opportunities to move into new areas of interest, and promotion opportunities are a few examples.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related needs and conditions, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.